2021 BDGA Interclub Junior Golf Series
Race to the Williamson Cup
Chautauqua GC - Thursday, July 8
Niagara Frontier GC - Friday, July 23
Elma Meadows GC - Thursday, July 29
Terms of the Competition
This series is open to all junior golfers (boys and girls) within the BDGA region who are 18 years old or younger as of the tournament date.
ENTRIES, DEADLINE, AND REFUND POLICY
- Entries: An entry must be submitted online with payment prior to the deadline. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Entry Fee: $50. This includes green fees, a tee gift, lunch and prizes.
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline for each event. Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Chautauqua GC - Friday, July 2nd at 5:00pm
- Niagara Frontier GC - Monday, July 19th at 5:00pm
- Elma Meadows GC - Thursday, July 22nd at 5:00pm
- Refund Policy: The entry fee, less a $10 service fee, will be refunded if a player withdraws prior to the close of entries. No refunds are given after this time.
18 holes of individual stroke play (Girls' Sub-Junior Division who will play 9 holes).
There are four divisions in these tournaments which play from the approximate yardage noted below. Note, a sub-junior can register to compete in the junior division, but will then be required to compete in the junior division for all competitions for the remainder of the season.
- Boys' Junior Division (ages 15-18) - 6,400-6,600 yards
- Boys' Sub-Junior Division (ages 10-14) - 5,900 - 6,200 yards
- Girls' Junior Division (ages 18 & under) - 5,200 - 5,400 yards
- Boys' & Girls' 9-hole Division (any ages) - 2,500 yards (Please email email@example.com to specify you would like to be in the 9-Hole Division)
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, July 8 // Chautauqua GC // Tee times start 11:00am
Friday, July 23 // Niagara Frontier GC // 8am Shotgun Start
Thursday, July 29 // Elma Meadows GC // 1PM Start
2021 WILLIAMSON CUP
Top finishers in the 2021 BDGA Junior Interclub Golf Series earn points for the Race to the Williamson Cup. To compete in the Williamson Cup, a player must play in 2 of 3 BDGA major junior events (BDGA Junior Stroke Play, Junior Match Play, Erie County Amateur) AND 1 of 2 Inter-club Junior Golf Series Events.
All play will be governed by the USGA Rules of Golf. Players will be provided a "Notice to Players" rules sheet containing local rules and conditions. The BDGA will have volunteer Rules Officials on the course to provide rulings and answer questions.
If there is a tie for the winner in any division, a sudden-death will be used unless it is impossible due to darkness or course unavailability. Otherwise, ties will be broken using the USGA method of matching scorecards, which compares the last nine holes (10-18), then last six holes (13-18), last three holes (16-18), and last hole (18)
Are not permitted.
Spectators are always welcome to come and watch play. As a guest of the BDGA and the host club, spectators are expected to dress in golf appropriate clothing and quietly follow players. Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages are not permitted. Cell phones must be either turned off or set to silent. Follow your players from a distance (at least 20 yards) and stay in the rough or on the cart paths. Do not lag behind the players as this often delays players in the group behind. Spectator carts are not permitted, exceptions for those with Handicap placards for their vehicles.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Unsportsmanlike conduct, if not a serious breach, will be penalized as follows: first offense (one stroke penalty), second offense (two stroke penalty), third offense (disqualification). For more information for what the BDGA considered unsportsmanlike conduct, refer to the AJGA Code of Conduct.
Jack Travers, Executive Director
(716) 957-2386 - Cell